November 2017 Updates
- Fall Session Chess Club: If you have a child registered in the current Fall session, your profile will show all the chess club dates, make a note of the last class and tell your child if he/she will be continuing.
- Winter Session Chess Club: If you have not registered for the new Winter session and you would like your child in chess, at the top right of our website, click: “Register – School Chess Club” select the state, county, school, Winter session.
- World of Chess Achievement Cards: families should be logging onto our website regularly to practice and have fun earning achievement cards.
- If you have registered for the Winter session, you are all set and we will see your child at the first class. For elementary school-aged children, it is important to send a note to your child’s teacher requesting that your child be dismissed to chess on chess club days and include the dates of chess for the session. Log in to our website www.championshipchess.net with your email address and password to view all the chess club dates.
Chess Club Fall 2017
Championship Chess presents a systematic, fun way to build chess skills during chess instruction and while students play. Studies show that chess improves math, reading and problem-solving and our methods connect these academic benefits to our classes. Classes include instruction as well as chess play and guided analysis.
When: Thursdays after school from 4:00 – 5:00pm.
Where: Chess meets in the Consumer Science Room #758
Dates: Fall 2017 session August 24 to November 2. No chess: October 5.
Pre-registration is required, at least 2 days before the first class. Parents need to record dates. Chess club will start as scheduled unless you receive notification.
Who can play: Any student whether or not they know how to play chess. There must be at least 10 registered.
Registration and Payment Deadlines
EARLY registration cost by midnight August 21: $129 per child for this session
LATE registration from August 22: A $15 late fee is automatically added to your online registration.
Payment ONLINE: Go to www.championshipchess.net and select Register, then School Club. Next, follow the steps and complete the form to submit payment. A 15% discount for each additional sibling is automatically deducted in your online registration.
(Below Added August, 2017)
If you have registered online for the fall session of chess club using a different email address to which this message has been sent, then you should have received an email today with information about the first class.
If you have not registered/paid online for the fall session of chess club, and you would like your child in your school’s chess club, there is still time to register before the early registration fee deadline. We can email you a flyer.
· To register: Go to www.championshipchess.net your user name is your email address.
· First time registering on Championship Chess’s new site, log in as a new user and set your password.
· Returning players from last school year should log in with the same user name and password.
· If your child is no longer at the school let us know your new school or request Unsubscribe
Chess Team: Players needed for teams. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Subject of the email: Your school name/Chess Team.
Suggested Activities in our website in the "News" section for more details click http://championshipchess.net/main-news-page
o Sat., September 23, 10th Annual Fall Kickoff at Gwinnett Place Mall. Register www.championshipchess.net
o Various locations of FREE Evening Chess Clubs http://championshipchess.net/main-news-page