Visit this page for news from our PCMS Foundation.
March 24, 2017
Announcing the New PCMS Governing Board
We are happy to announce that the PCMS Foundation Board of Directors and the Parent Teacher Charter Council (PTCC) are coming together to form one PCMS Governing Board. The merger of these two organizations will form a strong new direction for PCMS and its students as well as a more successful volunteer collaboration.
The new structure takes effect in the upcoming 2017-2018 school year and includes the following leadership positions: 2 co-chairs, a treasurer, a financial secretary, directors of finance, governance, academics/curriculum, and facilities/hospitality, teacher representatives from each grade level, and two community members. The new structure maintains all former committees, components, and opportunities for our students and school community. A diagram is posted on the Foundation page of this website.
We need your support and professional skills expertise to make this a successful transition! If you are looking for a significant way to contribute your time and talents to Peachtree Charter Middle School, please consider joining the new PCMS Governing Board. We are committed to maximizing faculty effectiveness as leaders and to supporting the students' academic and personal excellence.
We especially need volunteers with expertise in the accounting and legal fields, but all backgrounds are welcome.
If you have expertise in accounting, the PCMS Governing Board is specifically looking for a financial secretary for the 2017-18 school year. The financial secretary role is a two-year commitment and becomes the treasurer in the second year. The financial secretary and treasurer coordinate payment processing at registration and host payment posting events afterward, deposit funds received throughout the school year on behalf of the Governing Board and write checks as needed, develop and monitor the operating budget for the Board, and track the Board's funding of various projects. The financial secretary and treasurer attend monthly Governing Board and Finance Committee meetings (usually 1-2 per month).
Other ways to get involved with the new governing board include roles on the finance, governance, academics & curriculum, and the facilities & hospitality committees. Whatever your interest and time availability is, we have roles for you!
Please contact pcmsfoundation.chair@g
PCMS Foundation Board of Directors
PTCC Executive Council
March 19th, 2017
Peachtree Gateway Council on Schools Spring Event - parents and community invited! Come hear about plans for school building expansions and new facilities in DeKalb.
"Construction Advisory Committees - DeKalb County School District"
Where: Sequoyah Middle School, 3456 Aztec Road, Doraville, GA 30340
When: Tuesday March 28th
Time: 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
Note: There will be a Spanish language pre-session from 5:45 - 6:30 p.m. in the school cafeteria
Dunwoody will have multiple construction projects over the next few years including:
- Austin rebuild - new 900 seat school
- Dunwoody High School expansion - $17 million 600 seat addition
- Peachtree Middle School expansion - $14 million 450 seat addition
Come learn about the committee that helps advise the process:
- What is a C.A.C.?
- How are the C.A.Cs different from past committees"
- When will the C.A.C.'s start" How will they commiunicate with our communities as buiding palas are developed?
- Sherry Johnson, Region 1 Interim Superintendent, DCSD
- Daniel Drake, Executive Director for Operations, DCSD
- Allyson Gevertz, parent participant on recent Henderson Middle School Construction Committee
- City officials
Peachtree Gateway Council on Schools serves Region 1 (Chamblee, Cross Keys, and Dunwoody High School clusters) along with our sister councils in other DeKalb regions. In addition to our main speakers, our events share school innovations. Our 3/28 event will include brief information on Sequoyah Middle School's debate team.
October 23, 2016
If you were unable to attend the Region One E-SPLOST Stakeholder input meeting on October 13th see the links below to read the handout from the meetings, see the breakdown of E-SPLOST monies and projects, and vote your preference on how to spend the money. Money cannot be moved from section to section, but we have a voice on how the money is allocated WITHIN each section.
- Read the handout from the meeting and see the breakdown of monies and projects here: http://www.
dekalbschoolsga.org/e-splost/ files/2016/10/ProjListHandout_ 20161004.pdf
- Then take the survey that people who attended the meeting took and let them know your preferences: Online Survey The survey closes at 11:59 PM Monday October 24, 2016
Thank you for being informed and letting your voice be heard
September 20, 2016
DeKalb County School System Recommends Additions to Dunwoody High and Peachtree Charter Middle School
In DeKalb County, we are among the seven clusters that will not have enough seats to support anticipated enrollment by 2022. To reduce overcrowding, DeKalb County is adding the following seating capacity to schools in our Dunwoody Cluster.
- 600 new seats at Dunwoody High School
- 450 new seats at Peachtree Charter Middle School
- 750 new seats at Lakeside High School
For more information, view these slides from the Building S.P.A.C.E.S. Master Planning Initiative informational meeting held on September 27, 2016, and these facility data spreadsheets
Next Steps: E-SPLOST Project List Timeline
- Five Regional Community Input Meetings: October 4 -18, 2016 (We are in Region 1. Our Region 1 Meeting was on Thursday October 13th. See the October 23 update, below)
- Online Survey: October 4-24, 2016
- Committee of the Whole: November 7, 2016
- Board Approval: December 5, 2016