Student Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- 8:15-8:40 am - 6th-7th graders report to the gym, 8th graders report to the cafeteria. Students may not be dropped off before 8:15 am.
- 8:40–8:50 am - Homeroom
- 8:55 am - 1st period begins
- 3:15 pm - No student checkouts will be allowed after 3:15 pm unless a note is sent in the morning and signed by Ms. King in the attendance office. Students will be given a pass to leave the classroom to come to the main office at the designated time for pick up.
- 3:55pm - Afternoon dismissal. Students must be picked up by 4:35 pm sharp.
Students who are left before or after the appropriate pick up time are unsupervised. The Dunwoody YMCA offers before and after school care. We have registration forms in the main office.
If you have business inside the school, please park your car in the parking lot, and do not park at the curb. “No Parking” signs are posted around the circle. If you leave your car unattended, you will be ticketed.
Never block the handicap ramp, as Peachtree has both students and parents who utilize the ramp.
Students are only allowed in the school from 8:15 am to 4:35 pm, unless they have made arrangements with a specific teacher or for an approved activity. Please enroll your student in the YMCA extended day program if you need them to be at the school for additional time in the morning or afternoon.
The Barclay Road entrance is reserved for buses only. Do not use the circle off of Barclay Road during bus hours (morning drop off and afternoon dismissal).
Please do not use your cell phone while driving your car in the carpool. Please focus on our students’ safety.
Morning Drop Off - Carpool
Enter the school from N. Peachtree Rd. Follow the traffic circle staying right, and drop off students in front of the gym doors.
- Students must exit cars directly onto the sidewalk. exiting cars from inside the circle (the left lane) and crossing in front of traffic is dangerous and not allowed.
- Between 8:15 and 8:40 am, 6th and 7th graders report to the gym, while 7th and 8th graders report to the cafeteria.
Afternoon Dismissal - Carpool
No student checkouts allowed
No student checkouts will be allowed after 3:15 pm from the attendance office.
Students who are car riders should be picked up in front of the gym lobby.
Cars will form a single line on the outside circle (next to the sidewalk) for the safest loading of students. If your child is not at the curb, you will have to circle back around to the end of the line.
Encourage your student to come out of the school when dismissed and to keep a lookout for your vehicle.
If you arrive on campus before dismissal, please turn off your vehicle until the announcements begin. Please do not leave your vehicle unattended.
Transportation - After School Activities
If your child is staying after school for clubs, tutoring, ball games, detention, or any school function, please make sure arrangements for his/her transportation before he/she arrives at school. This will relieve many calls made during and after the school day from the attendance office.
Students taking an alternate bus route in the afternoon must have a signed permission slip from the parent/guardian. The permission slip must be signed and approved by the attendance office in the morning.