Welcome to the
PCMS Foundation Website!
This site is sponsored by the Peachtree Charter Middle School Foundation and maintained by volunteers. If you are looking for the PCMS DeKalb County website, click here.
Watering Weeks for PCMS Garden:
Please sign up to help water our garden! If you are unable to water on your week or day please call someone on the list and work it out. Over the summer it would be best to water every day since the garden is in the direct sun. However, if it rains you don’t have to go that day! You only have to water the sweet potatoes that are in the 8 raised beds. Rain barrels will be filled by once a week by me so you should always have water. Each plant should get 2 water cans full! Call Nancy Bustamante with questions.
- June 30 - July 6 available
- July 7 - July 13 available
PCMS Foundation Volunteer Opportunities
The PCMS Foundation is very grateful to all of our volunteers that have led and supported our school this year. You have made our school an extraordinary place, and we appreciate your time and talents.
Several PCMS Foundation Board positions and committee chair positions remain available for the 2018-2019 school year. Please consider making the commitment to volunteer as a committee chair!
- Annual Fund - One chair needed - Solicit family donations to the Annual Fund throughout the late summer and fall, much of work done over the summer and at Registration, some can be done remotely.
- School store - One co-chair to serve as the Volunteer Coordinator scheduling volunteer training and sign-ups for working at the store, can be done remotely.
- Partners in Ed - One co-chair to join current experienced co-chair, involves developing relationships with local businesses to support PCMS needs and to promote those businesses, much of work done over the summer and through registration.
- E-blast Team – Seeking one additional member- responsibilities include creating and sending out the Sunday E-blast on a rotating schedule (based the number of volunteers).
- Cultural Arts - One chair needed - Coordinates in-school or off-campus events that support the curriculum and instruction being taught in the classroom. The Cultural Arts Committee works with department chairs to learn which activities will support the instruction, then plans the event with the administration through funding from the PCMS Foundation.
- Volunteer Membership Coordinator - One volunteer needed - This volunteer needs to be able to familiarize him/herself with the Membership Toolkit platform to collect and distribute excel spreadsheet data to committee chairs. Periodically during the year, this coordinator will also send messages to the respective committee volunteers when help and support is needed for events at PCMS. This is a terrific volunteer role for an individual that wants to support the school but does needs to do it from home or work.
The PCMS Foundation Board is seeking individuals who would be interested in serving in the following positions:
- Treasurer - financial background preferred
If you are interested in serving on the PCMS Foundation Board, please send your letter of interest and qualifications to Fran Bartel, Foundation Co-Chair. Thank you!
Rising 6th Grade Bridge Day
For information on 6th Grade Registration and to register for Bridge Day, click here.
DHS School Council to be Replaced by a Principal Advisory Council (PAC)
In the 2018-19 school year, Dekalb County School District is replacing DHS's School Council with a Principal Advisory Council (PAC). Elections will take place in the fall. Download this document to learn more...
The Counseling Office occasionally receives information about summer programs offered to students. When we do, we will post it in ENews and on our website! PCMS does not endorse any particular programs: we provide the information as a courtesy. Please make sure to check out programs thoroughly before enrolling your student or paying any monies. Additional programs will be listed as information is received. For summer sports camps, click here. For summer academic camps, click here.
Peachtree Volleyball Tryouts July 28 & 29
All rising 6-8th grade girls are invited to try out for Peachtree Middle School Volleyball. Tryouts and callbacks are on July 28 and 29. You must have a current Dekalb County Physical Form in order to try out (no exceptions.) Visit our new website to register and for more information. We strongly encourage all girls interested in trying out to attend the Train for Tryouts Camp on July 23, 24, and 25. A registration link is on our website. Early bird pricing is available so don't wait to register.
Atlanta Braves All Star Student Achievers Program
The Atlanta Braves are pleased to invite students K-12 to participate in the 2018 All-Star Student Achievers Program. The program rewards students for their dedication to academic excellence. In recognition of their accomplishments, All-Star Student Achievers will receive (2) complimentary tickets to a 2018 Atlanta Braves regular season home game. Students are eligible to participate in the All-Star Student Achievers program if they have met one of the following criteria for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Straight A's
- A-B Honor Roll
- Perfect Attendance
Every Student participating in the program will be entered into a drawing for the opportunity to participate in a special pre-game presentation prior to a Braves game at Sun Trust Park. Students may Click Here to Register.
"Can You Imagine" - Annual Fund Report
The PCMS Foundation thanks the families who have already donated to the "Can You Imagine?" Annual Fund campaign. So far, we have raised over $70,000 with a family participation rate of 60%! Our goal is to have 100% of families contributing to the annual fund.
All donations go toward maximizing faculty effectiveness as leaders, and towards supporting all students' academic and personal excellence. We continue to put all money raised back into the classrooms for our students.
Because of your generosity, the Foundation has achieved so much. If you have not had a chance to donate, please consider making a donation before year-end. All donations are tax deductible, to the extend allowed by law. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a log-in account for this site?Your log-in account lets you see all of this site's content, receive e-blasts, access the directory, make online payments, and fill out online forms.
Note: If you have an account with Membership Toolkit through another school, you may use the same log in and password. However, you will need to enter your contact and student information on this website. Each school maintains a separate database of information.
Peachtree Charter Middle School conforms with the open enrollment requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A 20-2-2066 (admission, enrollment, and withdrawal of students) and SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.05 (Charter Schools Petition Process).