Welcome to the PCMS Foundation Website!
This site is sponsored by the Peachtree Charter Middle School Foundation and maintained by volunteers. If you are looking for the PCMS DeKalb County website, click here.
8th Grade STEM Academy Application
The STEM Academy is for rising 8th graders. To apply for the Academy, click here.
Applications are now available for Scientific Tools and Techniques Program (STT) at Fernbank Science Center
Scientific Tools and Techniques Program (STT) is open to 9th grade students who attend a DeKalb County school. Students attend STT at Fernbank Science Center from 8:00 to 11:00 am for one semester of their 9th grade year. The program is free of charge and transportation is provided. For more information, click here. For the brochure, click here. Applications are available in the PCMS front office.
Applications are due on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Does your student need a creative outlet?
We have a lot going on in the Art room these days!
- It is time for the Doodle for Google contest. Is your student interested? Have them come by Mrs. Newton's room, room 200, for more details. The theme for 2019 is "When I grow up, I hope...". You can also get more info by going on the Doodle for Google website.
- The PCMS Charity Art Auction is coming in May. All proceeds will go to Hosea Feed the Hungry. We are looking for donations of student artwork! The Art Auction is a silent auction and a lot of fun. We are busy working on birdhouses, windows and all sorts of creative ideas in Art club and in Art class. But students can also do artwork at home and donate the art to the Auction. Just have them bring it to Mrs. Newton in room 200. Stay tuned for more Auction information to come soon!
The Dangers of Vaping and Social MediaThe PCMS Foundation and its Building Foundations Committee is proud to sponsor and host nationally renowned expert / presenter Robert Hackenson for a parent presentation on the dangers of vaping and social media. Please join us in the PCMS cafeteria on February 11, 2019 from 5:30 to 6:30 pm for an engaging presentation on one of the biggest health crises facing teens and the challenges social media presents including technology addiction and cyber safety. This presentation is specifically designed for adults. Some information may not be suitable for children. There will be grade level assemblies the following day for students.
Spring tour dates have been added for those who would like to tour PCMS.
- Friday, February 1, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Monday, February 25, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm (For Rising 6th Grade Parents; no RSVP necessary)
- Wednesday, February 27 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm (For Rising 6th Grade Parents; no RSVP necessary)
Our tours are led by a parent volunteer. Please RSVP to email@example.com to reserve a spot.
School Climate Survey
Each year the Georgia Department of Education (GaDOE) requires that parents complete a school climate survey. The survey is created by the GA Dept. of Education and it is available online. It is critical that we get your input. The results of the school climate survey, as well as the level of participation, helps to determine a school's climate rating on the annual CCRPI score issued by the GA Dept. of Education.
Please us the link below to complete the survey (the link will also be available on the school's website):
Thank you for completing the survey. We look forward to using the results to improve our overall school climate.
Remind 101 Update
News From the Clinic
- All medication (prescription and over the counter) given at school must be accompanied by a Medication Authorization form signed by a physician.
- If your child carries an inhaler, EpiPen or insulin, the school must have the necessary paperwork on file (medication authorization AND a carry form).
Forms are available from the link below, on the website or from the nurse. Click here for a link to medication form.
PCMS would like to invite you to partner with us and St. Patrick's Episcopal Church, to emphasize the importance of community service and giving back.
Beginning Wednesday, October 10, 2018 through March 30, 2019, 7th and 8th graders will have an opportunity to volunteer at Malachi's Storehouse. Once a month PCMS will do a collection drive for toiletries, diapers, hygiene kits, new socks, under clothing and clothes which will be donated to Malachi's Storehouse, The City of Refuge and the Atlanta Women's and Children's Shelter. Students will be packing and distributing food and other items to those in need. Students will be allowed to volunteer during their connection classes on Wednesdays.
If you would like to participate in this community service project, please see Mr. Anthony in the counseling suite to pick up a parent/guardian permission form.
Parents, for more information you may contact Mr. Anthony at 678-676-7727.
Order Your Yearbook Online
To order your yearbook, click here.
Do you have a log-in account for this site?
Your log-in account lets you see all of this site's content, receive e-blasts, access the directory, make online payments, and fill out online forms.
Note: If you have an account with Membership Toolkit through another school, you may use the same log in and password. However, you will need to enter your contact and student information on this website. Each school maintains a separate database of information.
Peachtree Charter Middle School conforms with the open enrollment requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A 20-2-2066 (admission, enrollment, and withdrawal of students) and SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.05 (Charter Schools Petition Process).
- How do I sign up for Parent Portal?
- How can I get Infinite Campus?
- How do I get the Remind app?
- How can I get emergency texts?
- How do I get the PCMS eNews?
- Is there before/after school care?
- Can I buy another gym uniform?
- What is the dress code?
- How do I report an absence?
- What if my child needs medicine?
- Need Chromebook help?