Welcome to the
PCMS Foundation Website!
This site is sponsored by the Peachtree Charter Middle School Foundation and maintained by volunteers. If you are looking for the PCMS DeKalb County website, click here.
News from the Clinic
Time to Pick Up Your Student's Medications
As the end of the year draws near, please remember to pick up any medication your student may have in the clinic by the last day of school. This applies to emergency meds, daily meds, and over the counter items. If your student will continue with medication next year, it still has to be picked up and returned in August with updated paperwork. Many thanks for your cooperation, and if you have questions, feel free to call the school nurse, Sarah Borcherding, RN, at 678.676.7707.
Immunization Requirements for Registration
Please be aware of immunization requirements for 7th grade students: 1 dose each of Tdap & MCV4 are required. Please bring the updated GA 3231 form (marked " complete for 7th grade"), waiver, or affidavit of religious conflict to registration in August.
Please be aware that many of the forms for these kids have an expiration date of 7/01/2018. If that is the case for your student, an updated form must be provided to the school at registration or your student will not be able to start classes until the vaccinations are brought up to date. Questions? Call the school nurse, Sarah Borcherding, RN at 678.676.7707.
Volunteer Opportunities On the PCMS Foundation
The PCMS Foundation is very grateful to all of our volunteers that have led and supported our school this year. You have made our school an extraordinary place, and we appreciate your time and talents.
Several PCMS Foundation Board positions and committee chair positions remain available for the 2018-2019 school year. Please consider making the commitment to volunteer as a committee chair!
- Annual Fund - One chair needed - Solicit family donations to the Annual Fund throughout the late summer and fall, much of work done over the summer and at Registration, some can be done remotely.
- Spirit Wear - Two co-chairs needed - Will run the program including design and vendor work, majority of work done over the summer (especially both Registration days) and in the first few weeks of school.
- School store - One co-chair to serve as the Volunteer Coordinator scheduling volunteer training and sign-ups for working at the store, can be done remotely.
- Partners in Ed - One co-chair to join current experienced co-chair, involves developing relationships with local businesses to support PCMS needs and to promote those businesses, much of work done over the summer and through registration.
- E-blast Team – Seeking one additional member- responsibilities include creating and sending out the Sunday E-blast on a rotating schedule (based the number of volunteers).
- Cultural Arts - One chair needed - Coordinates in-school or off-campus events that support the curriculum and instruction being taught in the classroom. The Cultural Arts Committee works with department chairs to learn which activities will support the instruction, then plans the event with the administration through funding from the PCMS Foundation.
- Patriot Games - One co-chair needed - Works alongside the PE department in hosting Patriot Games. This 3-day event requires many volunteers, which the co-chair secures by setting up and publishing a Sign-Up Genius. All of the events are run by the PE department. The co-chair is responsible for securing and managing the volunteers.
- Registration - One co-chair is needed - Will work alongside an experienced volunteer to support the Foundation and PCMS registration in running a smooth school registration. This position requires knowledge in setting up a Sign-Up Genius to solicit volunteers as well as being available during the 2 registration days to oversee and manage the volunteers. While registration is an event run by the school administration, the Foundation’s support enables for the process to run more efficiently.
- Volunteer Membership Coordinator - One volunteer needed - This volunteer needs to be able to familiarize him/herself with the Membership Toolkit platform to collect and distribute excel spreadsheet data to committee chairs. Periodically during the year, this coordinator will also send messages to the respective committee volunteers when help and support is needed for events at PCMS. This is a terrific volunteer role for an individual that wants to support the school but does needs to do it from home or work.
The PCMS Foundation Board is seeking individuals who would be interested in serving in the following positions:
- Treasurer - financial background preferred
- Secretary - must be detailed-oriented and organized
If you are interested in serving on the PCMS Foundation Board, please send your letter of interest and qualifications to Fran Bartel, Foundation Co-Chair. Thank you!
All Chromebooks should be turned in
We will collect student Chromebooks beginning May 14, per the following schedule.
- 6th grade - Monday
- 7th grade - Tuesday
- 8th grade - Wednesday
Have your student bring their Chromebook, charger, and case on the day their grade level is collected. If your student doesn't have all of the accessories, or if the charger is broken, then you will need to purchase these items before we collect the Chromebooks. Order the case and the charger from the link below.
Have your student remove any paper or personal items from the Chromebook case. Wipe your Chromebook clean. To remove any sticky or dirty spots, you will need to use a damp cloth, use a soft cloth & be gentle when wiping the display screen. Chromebook cases may be cleaned by wiping with a cloth, water, and a little soap. These instruction should be completed before the Chromebook check-in.
Rising 6th Grade Bridge Day
For information on 6th Grade Registration and to register for Bridge Day, click here.
DHS School Council to be Replaced by a Principal Advisory Council (PAC)
In the 2018/19 school year, Dekalb County School District is replacing DHS's School Council with a Principal Advisory Council (PAC). Elections will take place in the fall. Download this document to learn more...
The Counseling Office occasionally receives information about summer programs offered to students. When we do, we will post it in ENews and on our website! PCMS does not endorse any particular programs: we provide the information as a courtesy. Please make sure to check out programs thoroughly before enrolling your student or paying any monies. Additional programs will be listed as information is received. For summer sports camps, click here. For summer academic camps, click here.
Peachtree Volleyball Tryouts July 28 & 29
All rising 6-8th grade girls are invited to try out for Peachtree Middle School Volleyball. Tryouts and callbacks are on July 28 and 29. You must have a current Dekalb County Physical Form in order to try out (no exceptions.) Visit our new website to register and for more information. We strongly encourage all girls interested in trying out to attend the Train for Tryouts Camp on July 23, 24, and 25. A registration link is on our website. Early bird pricing is available so don't wait to register.
Atlanta Braves All Star Student Achievers Program
The Atlanta Braves are pleased to invite students K-12 to participate in the 2018 All-Star Student Achievers Program. The program rewards students for their dedication to academic excellence. In recognition of their accomplishments, All-Star Student Achievers will receive (2) complimentary tickets to a 2018 Atlanta Braves regular season home game. Students are eligible to participate in the All-Star Student Achievers program if they have met one of the following criteria for the 2017-2018 school year:
- Straight A's
- A-B Honor Roll
- Perfect Attendance
Every Student participating in the program will be entered into a drawing for the opportunity to participate in a special pre-game presentation prior to a Braves game at Sun Trust Park. Students may Click Here to Register.
Rising 9th Grader Information
Click here to learn more about 9th grade registration at Dunwoody High School. Information includes:
- The Career paths
- Touring DHS
- A powerpoint to help guide parents through the development of the 4-Year Plan for high school.
"Can You Imagine" - Annual Fund Report
The PCMS Foundation thanks the families who have already donated to the "Can You Imagine?" Annual Fund campaign. So far, we have raised over $70,000 with a family participation rate of 60%! Our goal is to have 100% of families contributing to the annual fund.
All donations go toward maximizing faculty effectiveness as leaders, and towards supporting all students' academic and personal excellence. We continue to put all money raised back into the classrooms for our students.
Because of your generosity, the Foundation has achieved so much. If you have not had a chance to donate, please consider making a donation before year-end. All donations are tax deductible, to the extend allowed by law. If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you have a log-in account for this site?Your log-in account lets you see all of this site's content, receive e-blasts, access the directory, make online payments, and fill out online forms.
Note: If you have an account with Membership Toolkit through another school, you may use the same log in and password. However, you will need to enter your contact and student information on this website. Each school maintains a separate database of information.
Peachtree Charter Middle School conforms with the open enrollment requirements pursuant to O.C.G.A 20-2-2066 (admission, enrollment, and withdrawal of students) and SBOE Rule 160-4-9-.05 (Charter Schools Petition Process).