Absence Reporting / Attendance
To Report an Absence, call 678-676-7715
attendance office hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
phone: 678-676-7711 (not for reporting absences)
Bell Class Schedule
This tardiness procedure was copied from the "2016/17 Parent Student Handbook".
Students are expected to be in class by 8:50 AM or sign in at the Security Desk. You do not need to call when your child is going to be late; however, you must physically sign them in to be properly excused.
Early Checkout Procedures
These early checkout procedures were copied directly from the "2016/17 Parent/Student Handbook".
- Parents/Guardians should send a signed note to school with your child on the day he/she is to be checked out. The note should state what time you will be arriving to pick up your child and the reason why. The student is to bring the note to the Attendance Office BEFORE first period.
- The Attendance Office will issue a pass to the student to give to the teacher in the class from which he/she will be leaving. This cuts down on the constant disruption of calls to the classrooms.
- When you arrive at the school, you must sign-in at the Security Desk. You will be given a Visitor’s tag from the Security Desk. Go to the Attendance Office and show proper I.D. to get your child.
- Students that do not have notes will not be called until the parent arrives. Students will not be checked out or given messages after 3:15 PM unless a note was sent that morning.
This absence procedure was copied from the "2016/17 Parent/Student Handbook".
If your child will be absent from school, please call the 24 Hour Absentee Reporting Number (678-676-7715) the day your child is absent. It is your responsibility to contact the school when your child is absent. Courtesy calls are made from the office when possible.
When your child returns, please provide the Attendance Office with a written note or doctor's excuse verifying the date and reason for the absence.
Unless you follow these procedures, your child's absence will be unexcused. Excused absences are illness, doctor appointments, death in the family, religious holiday or service as a congressional page. Trips, other than school-sponsored, are unexcused absences.
If absent for three or more days, your child may get make-up work from the Counseling Office (please call 678-676- 7732) Teachers need a 24hr notice to gather make-up work for more than 3 days. If absent less than three days, the student must get make-up work from his/her teachers.
Policies and Procedures
- Absence Reporting / Attendance
- Cell Phones and Texting
- Code of Student Conduct
- Dress Code
- Drop Off / Pickup / Carpool
- Dropping Off Items at School
- Grievance Procedures
- Medication / Medical Forms
- Medical Forms for Sports
- Parent / Student Handbook (PDF)
- Parent / Student Handbook online
- Teacher Credential Disclosure Policy