Absence Reporting / Attendance
To Report an Absence, call 678-676-7715
Attendance office hours: 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Phone: 678-676-7711 (not for reporting absences)
Bell Class Schedule
If your child is tardy, a parent must sign them in at the Attendance Office (the small office to the left of the front security desk).
Early Checkout Procedures
Come to the Attendance Office and sign your student out. Guardian picture ID is required for checkout.
- Parents/Guardians should send a signed note to school with your child on the day he/she is to be checked out. The note should state what time you will be arriving to pick up your child and the reason why. The student is to bring the note to the Attendance Office BEFORE first period.
- The Attendance Office will issue a pass to the student to give to the teacher in the class from which he/she will be leaving. This cuts down on the constant disruption of calls to the classrooms.
- When you arrive at the school, you must sign-in at the Security Desk. You will be given a Visitor’s tag from the Security Desk. Go to the Attendance Office and show proper I.D. to get your child.
- Students that do not have notes will not be called until the parent arrives. Students will not be checked out or given messages after 3:15 PM unless a note was sent that morning.
If your child will be absent from school, please call the 24 Hour Absentee Reporting Number (678-676-7715) the day your child is absent. It is your responsibility to contact the school when your child is absent. Courtesy calls are made from the office when possible.
When your child returns, please provide the Attendance Office with a written note or doctor's excuse verifying the date and reason for the absence.
Unless you follow these procedures, your child's absence will be unexcused. Excused absences are illness, doctor appointments, death in the family, religious holiday or service as a congressional page. Trips, other than school-sponsored, are unexcused absences.
If absent for three or more days, your child may get make-up work from the Counseling Office (please call 678-676- 7732) Teachers need a 24 hour notice to gather make-up work for more than 3 days. If absent less than three days, the student must get make-up work from his/her teachers.
- How do I sign up for Parent Portal?
- How can I get Infinite Campus?
- How do I get the Remind app?
- How can I get emergency texts?
- How do I get the PCMS eNews?
- Is there before/after school care?
- Can I buy another gym uniform?
- What is the dress code?
- How do I report an absence?
- What if my child needs medicine?
- Need Chromebook help?