Home >Student Life > Clubs
Art, Music, and Sports Clubs
- Blue Shadow Jazz Band - The Blue Shadow Jazz Band is a dedicated group of student musicians who represent PCMS in concerts, competitions, and on special occasions. To learn more, visit the jazz band web site or email band director, Mr. Hickman.
- Drama Club - To find out how you can be involved, email email@example.com or Mr. Callahan or go to pcmsdramaclub.com.
- Academic Quiz Bowl - For more information, email Mr. Nichols.
- Geography Bee - The Geography Bee is a competition hosted by National Geographic and designed to inspire students to be curious about the world. All grades participate in social studies classroom competitions, usually held in January, during school and determine one winner per team. Team winners compete to arrive at a school winner. The school-wide winner goes on to compete to qualify for the state finals. For more information, contact Ms. Hollander.
- Junior Beta Club - Junior Beta Club is an invitation only organization at PCMS, which promotes the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among our students who have earned straight A's for the previous two semesters. To learn more, email Ms. Noland.
- Mathletes in Action - If you enjoy solving math problems that are fun and challenging, then the Math Club is for you! The Math club is sponsored by Mr. Herman.
- Reading Bowl - The Georgia Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl is open to students in grades four through twelve across the state. Students on the team are responsible for reading 20 titles on the GBA list that will be used in the competition. During the competition, students are asked random questions about characters, setting and plot for all books on the list. The PCMS Reading Bowl team has been a regular competitor in the countywide competition. For more information, contact Ms. Hammen.
Science Club - Please contact Mr. Gardiner.
- Drone Club - Are you a Droner? Do you have the skills to design and fly radio controlled flying machines? If so, Drone Club is for you! If interested, email Mr. Casey or Mr. Cosby.
- Environmental Science Club - Do you like to be outside? Do you like to grow plants and dig in the dirt? Then consider the Environmental Science Club. The Environmental Science Club is open to students interested in promoting a healthy environment and caring for the school's garden. The club meets once a week before school in Mrs. Bustamante's classroom (Room 728) and outdoors in the school garden when weather permits. For more information, contact Ms. Bustamante.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) - For more information, contact Ms. Fendler.
- No Place for Hate - The No Place for Hate program empowers school communities to promote respect for individual and group differences while challenging prejudice and bigotry. Our goal is to create a welcoming and kind atmosphere committed to stopping all forms of bias and bullying. PCMS has taken an active role in this endeavor, educating students to understand and appreciate all people. For more information, contact Ms. Ringler.
- Patriot TV - If you are interested in Patriot TV, email Ms. Laurie Smith.
- Special Friends - If you would like to be a part of something special then the Special Friends Club is for you! The Special Friends Club is an organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of students with disabilities. The club members of Special Friends are paired with individuals who have special needs for the purpose of friendship and socialization. The members of Special Friends interact with their buddies through on campus events every Thursday. The purpose of the club is to support, strengthen and promote a greater awareness of the needs of our PCMS special needs children. For more information, contact Mr. Callahan.
- Student Government Association - Please contact Ms. Crowder.
- Yearbook - Please contact Ms. Colbert.