Clubs - 2016/2017
The following clubs are available for PCMS students.
Art, Music, and Sports Clubs
Art club - It’s going to be a fun year in Art Club! Do you love to be creative? Then join the Art Club! The Art Club meets every Wednesday and Friday morning from 8:00-8:40 a.m. in the Art Room on the 7th grade floor (room 200). Interested students should stop by the Art Room and pick up an Art Club application. The applications are located inside Mrs. Newton’s Art Room door. Once you get two teacher recommendations and a parent signature, bring the application back to Mrs. Newton in the Art Room. Art Club is has a limited number of openings, so get your application in early! The first day of Art Club will be Wednesday, Sept. 7th at 8:00 a.m. To learn more, visit Ms. Newton's website or email Ms. Newton.
- Band - Students who are enrolled in band instrument classes may perform in the Patriot Band. For information, visit the Patriot Band web page, or email the band director, Mr. Hickman.
- Basketball Cheerleading - Are you ready to become part of the PCMS Basketball Cheer Squad? Now is your chance! Cheerleading tryouts will be September 12th-19th. Tryout packets are available outside Ms. Hudson's room 709 and Ms. Parker's room 742. We hope to see you September 12th!
- Blue Shadow Jazz Band - The Blue Shadow Jazz Band is a dedicated group of student musicians who represent PCMS in concerts, competitions, and on special occasions. Auditions are held in the fall and rehearsals are Tuesdays and Fridays from 7:45 am until 8:40 am. To learn more, visit the jazz band web site or email band director, Mr. Hickman.
- Dance Team - Are you a hard worker? Do you love showing school spirit? then you may be a great addition to the PCMS Dance Team! Dance auditions will be September 6th - 9th. Audition packets are available outside room 742 and 709. For more information, contact Ms. Parker or Ms. Hudson.
- Drama Club - This year's production is "Seussical Jr." To find out how you can be involved email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orchestra - Some PCMS music students play in the orchestra. For information, visit the Orchestra web page, or email the orchestra sponsor, Mr. Harrison.
- PCMS Patriot Pep Band - The Patriot Pep Band is open to all 7th and 8th grade band students. They perform at all the home football and basketball games, as well as other events. For more informaton, visit the PCMS Patriot Pep Band website or email sponsor Ms. Kelly Johnson.
- Tri-M Music Honor Society Attention all band, orchestra, chorus, jazz band and pep band members! Does your love for music extend beyond your classroom experience? Are you an awesome musician with good character and strong leadership skills? The Tri-M Music Honor Society is for you! The honor society is looking for amazing musicians who want to serve in their school and communities while adding their own musical touch. For information, email Ms. Kelley Johnson.
- Academic Quiz Bowl - If you enjoy competition and trivia, please see Mrs. McCartha in the 7th grade pod for more information about the Academic Quiz Bowl! Any student is eligible to join the Academic Quiz Bowl, whose mission is to promote and encourage knowledge through academic based competitions with PCMS peers and schools across the state. The club meets in Ms. McCartha's class in the 7th grade pod on Thursdays from 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm. For more information, visit the Academic Quiz Bowl website or email Ms. McCartha.
- Geographic Bee - The Geographic Bee is a competition hosted by National Geographic and designed to inspire students to be curious about the world. All grades participate in social studies classroom competitions, usually held in January, during school and determine one winner per team. Team winners compete to arrive at a school winner. The school-wide winner goes on to compete to qualify for the state finals. For more information, contact Ms. Hollander.
- Junior Beta Club - Junior Beta Club is an invitation only organization at PCMS, which promotes the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among our students who have earned straight A's for the previous two semesters. The club meets on the first Tuesday morning of the month at 8:10 am in the Media Center. To learn more, visit the Beta Club Website, or email Ms. Nuttall.
- Math Club - The Math Club meets Wednesdays from 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm and is sponsored by Mr. Herman.
- Odyssey of the Mind - Odyssey of the Mind is open to students who are interested in clever and sometimes improvised mind game skits. PCMS OM competes with other OM groups to hone critical thinking skills as a group. For more information, contact Ms. L. Smith.
- Reading Bowl - The Georgia Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl is open to students in grades four through twelve across the state. Students on the team are responsible for reading 20 titles on the GBA list that will be used in the competition. During the competition, students are asked random questions about characters, setting and plot for all books on the list. The PCMS Reading Bowl team has been a regular competitor in the countywide competition. For more information, contact Ms. Hammen.
Reading Bown T-shirt Design Contest - It is time for the the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl 2016-2017 T-shirt Design Contest! The first place winner receives $75, second place receives $50 and third place receives $25. Please have your child visit Mrs. Newton in the Art room, room 200, for more information. Submissions are due to Mrs. Newton at the beginning of October. You"ll never win if you don't try!
- Science Bowl Team - If you have an interest in being on the Science Bowl Team, email Ms. Smith.
- Chess Club - Chess Club is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about chess. It meets Thursdays 4:00-5:00 pm. There are four sessions each year. Click here and select "School Chess Club" to register online with a credit or debit card.
- Drone Club - Are you a Droner? Do you have the skills to design and fly radio controlled flying machines?!
If so! Drone Club is for you! If interested, email Mr. Tim Ryan.
- Environmental Science Club - Do you like to be outside? Do you like to grow plants and dig in the dirt? Then consider the Environmental Science Club. The Environmental Science Club is open to students interested in promoting a healthy environment and caring for the school's garden. The club meets once a week before school in Mrs. Bustamante's classroom (Room 728) and outdoors in the school garden when weather permits. For more information, contact Ms. Bustamante.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) - The purpose of FCA is to see the world impacted for Jesus Christ through the influence of coaches and athletes. The mission is to prsent to coaches and athletes, and all whom they influence, the challenge and adventure of receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, serving Him in their relationships and in the fellowship of the church. For more information, contact Ms. Fendler.
- Girl Scouts - For more information on area Troops, please contact Laura Disque at email@example.com or 770.702.9249
- No Place for Hate - The No Place for Hate program empowers school communities to promote respect for individual and group differences while challenging prejudice and bigotry. PCMS has taken an active role in this endeavor, educating students to understand and appreciate all people. For more information, contact Ms. Ringler and Mr. Thompson.
- Patriot TV - If you are interested in Patriot TV, email Ms. Laurie Smith.
- Pet Rescue Club - Do you love dogs? What about cats? Did you know not all cats and dogs have loving homes? If you want to learn how to help homeless pets come join the PCMS Pet Rescue Club! The first meeting was Friday, August 19, but if you are interested there is still time to join! The meetings are the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month at 8:15 in Mrs. Walden's 6th grade pod. To learn more, visit the Pet Rescue Club website, or email Ms. Walden.
- Recycling Club - For information, contact Ms. Fendler.
- Special Friends - The Special Friends Club is an organization whose mission is to enhance the lives of students with disabilities. The club members of Special Friends are paired with individuals who have special needs for the purpose of friendship and socialization. The members of Special Friends interact with their buddies through on campus events every Thursday. The purpose of the club is to support, strengthen and promote a greater awareness of the needs of our PCMS special needs children. For more information, contact Mr Callahan.
- Student Government Association - Ms. Gazzola and Ms. Fendler.
- Yearbook - Ms. Douglas