Home > School Info > Policies and Procedures > Dress Code
In addition to following the DeKalb dress code, PCMS students need to wear uniforms for PE. For more information on PE uniforms, click here.
The atmosphere of a school must be conducive to learning. A student’s appearance can positively or negatively impact the climate of a school. Students must adhere to the school district’s dress code requirements. Students who fail to comply with the dress code requirements, as enumerated below, may be charged with a student dress code violation:
- Students are expected to follow ALL school rules governing safety in specialized programs that may require the wearing of protective clothing, safety glasses, or other similar requirements.
- Clothing, jewelry, tattoos, piercings or other body ornaments that disrupt the educational process or endanger the health or safety of other students, staff or visitors are prohibited.
- Clothing, insignia, symbols, tattoos, piercings, jewelry, or adornments worn or carried on or about a student which promote gangs or the use of controlled substances, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco are prohibited.
- The wearing of clothing, tattoos or other adornments which show offensive and/or vulgar words, pictures, diagrams, drawings, or includes words or phrases of a violent nature, a disruptive nature, a sexual nature, politically/socially controversial words or graphics or words or phrases that are derogatory regarding a person’s ethnic background, color, race, national origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, or disability is prohibited.
- The wearing of pants below the waistline, bare midriffs, halter tops/tank tops, tops/blouses revealing cleavage, short shorts, net/see through garments, flip-flops, between-the-toe shoes without heels, bedroom shoes, or other footwear that interferes with freedom of movement and dresses, pants, or skirts with high splits are prohibited.
Student Dress Code Violation - Consequences
Students will dress appropriately on school grounds and at school events. All students are expected to dress appropriately and adhere to the dress code described above.
The following penalties apply to all student dress code violations:
|Number of Offenses||Actions of the School|
|first offense||Verbal reprimand, contact parent and in-school suspension (ISS) until end of day or correction of the violation.|
|second offense||Required parent conference and two days of in-school suspension|
|third offense||Contact parent, up to ten days of in-school suspension, local probation and/or parent attend classes with student in lieu of in-school suspension. Chronic violation of this expectation will results in the charge of a "#19a - Repeated Violation of School Rules" - and a possible referral to an alternative setting upon being found in violation by a preponderance of evidence at the district due process hearing.|
Note: The content of this page was copied from the Dekalb County Code of Student Conduct handbook.
- How do I sign up for Parent Portal?
- How can I get Infinite Campus?
- How do I get the Remind app?
- How can I get emergency texts?
- How do I get the PCMS eNews?
- Is there before/after school care?
- Can I buy another gym uniform?
- What is the dress code?
- How do I report an absence?
- What if my child needs medicine?
- Need Chromebook help?